Easy Aerial delivers custom hardware/software solutions to clients from a diverse variety of industries. Our team is made up of upbeat, passionate, and motivated people. If this describes you and you have the skills listed below, we want you to be a part of our fast-growing, well-established startup.
Easy Aerial is looking for a full-time Drone Design Engineer to assist with design and development of our fleet of sUAS. You will be a part of an engineering team tasked with all phases of engineering product development. The design engineer will be asked to develop, design, prototype and prove new sUAS designs within the scope of Easy Aerial’s technology development plan.
- Performs all aspects of vehicle design from the initial concept to the complete production-ready design
- Design mechanical/ electro-mechanical products and systems
- Creates proof of concept and performs modeling/CAD analysis and prototype development
- Establishes test plan/procedures and conducts engineering analysis
- Develops product technical requirements and monitors vendor performance
- Creates engineering documentation for product release
- Conducts informal and formal presentations
- Guides and direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing, and prototype fabrication
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks within the project schedule and budget
- May supervise the activities of other personnel
- Conduct your work with a focus on customer satisfaction and/or exceeding customer expectations
- Continually support and maintain Easy Aerial’s Quality Management System (QMS) by deploying ISO9001 practices and guiding other employees to do so as well
- Experience with unmanned aircraft systems and prototyping of UAV components
- Experience with composites and other weight-optimized structures
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes for production and prototype
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Solidworks, understanding 3D printing, CNC, etc.
- Machine shop/prototyping experience a plus
- Proficient in Solid Works
- Proficient in modeling complex systems
- Proficient in modeling dynamic (moving) systems
A Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Mechatronic Engineering or at least five years experience in designing with emphasis on robotics and unmanned aircraft systems
Our well-equipped dev facilities are located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard with ample indoor/outdoor test flight space. The office is open full time during COVID-19, with PPE and social distance precautions.
- Daily lunch
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid time off
- Commuter benefit account
Compensation is competitive and will be based on experience and expertise.
Job Type: Full-time