Easy Aerial delivers custom hardware/software solutions to clients from a diverse variety of industries. Our team is made up of upbeat, passionate, and motivated people. If this describes you and you have the skills listed below, we want you to be a part of our fast-growing, well-established startup.
Easy Aerial is looking for full-time Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineers to develop and build Autonomous Drone Systems. The Easy Guard Engineering team is responsible for designing and building the drone base stations which house the drones and computer subsystems necessary for autonomous security. This includes hands-on research and development to bring a product from concept to batch production.
The Engineer will work on projects both independently and with a team to develop components and subsystems.
- Design components and subsystems to be integrated into a complete product
- Develop new systems that are complementary to the main product
- Build and maintain mechanical and electrical systems
- Write formal documentation including work instructions, wire diagrams, and quality control procedures
- Test, validate, and release systems
- System documentation/manuals/procedures etc.
- System QA and final checks before delivery
- Conduct your work with a focus on customer satisfaction and/or exceeding customer expectations
- Continually support and maintain Easy Aerial’s Quality Management System (QMS) by deploying ISO9001 practices and guiding other employees to do so as well
- Experience with Solidworks or other CAD software.
- Experience with mechanical components including motors, actuators, switches, and relays
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as 3D Printing, CNC machining, laser cutting, vacuum forming, etc.
- Experience with electronic components such as sensors, PCBs, etc.
- Experience with Arduino robotics.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Support a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Ability to carry engineering design projects (ideation, prototyping, build and test, implementation) separate from and in addition to primary project management tasks.
- Proficient in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Proficient in Solid Works.
- Proficient in all the hardware and software that goes into Easy Aerial’s ground stations.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering or computer science or computer engineering or at least five years experience in designing and building unmanned vehicles ground stations.
Our well-equipped dev facilities are located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard with ample indoor/outdoor test flight space. The office is open full time during COVID-19, with PPE and social distance precautions.
- Daily lunch
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid time off
- Commuter benefit account
Compensation is competitive and will be based on experience and expertise.
Job Type: Full-time