Easy Aerial delivers custom hardware/software solutions to clients from a diverse variety of industries. Please visit our website, www.easyaerial.com, for more detailed information. Our team is made up of upbeat, passionate, and motivated people. If this describes you and you have the skills listed below, we want you to be a part of our fast-growing, well-established startup.
You are independent, versatile, ready to travel a lot, and a great communicator!
Easy Aerial is looking for a full-time Field Support Technician to provide on-site support for our clients.
Field Support Technicians address tasks such as testing, flying, documenting, setting up, installation, and troubleshooting. They actively participate with clients in devising solutions to improve services and achieve the targeted goals. It is they who usually take care of the scheduled customer and technical support-related training for field staff. The professionals must investigate product installations, and anything related to maintenance activities. Support Technicians assist clients in solving complex technical issues.
- Provide On-Site Support
A Field Support Technician must respond to all client queries. This position may require working after hours as well as a presence on-site as required. The professional collaborates with other flight and production professionals in the organization to devise suggestions for expediting maintenance and troubleshooting procedures. They document all relevant departmental and field activities and resolve complexities.
- Client training on-site, worldwide when needed
Provide training to the end user to enable the customer to troubleshoot in the future.
- Troubleshooting and Debugging
Technicians confer with customers in initial deployment troubleshooting, as well as in initial debugging of new hardware and software. They must have a good understanding of EA systems, log support issues and escalations through the provided control system and obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and issues. Technicians should consult all relevant documentation of the client topology when making troubleshooting decisions.
- Operation & Maintenance
The Field Support Technician offers guidance and training to the client personnel. It is their duty to educate them about the product operation and maintenance procedures. They must analyze issues and prepare service reports in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Experience with ArduPilot or PX4
- Understanding the flight terminology
- Experience flying RC aircraft
- Understanding the principles of drone flight and drone pilot license
- Another foreign language (Spanish, German, Italian, French…)
- Experience with electronics (soldering, small repairs…)
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware, and good mechanical skills
- User experience focus – able to champion a business and user’s view
- Highly organized with an eye for customer critical details coupled with a keen sense of urgency
- Fluent English
- Valid driver’s license
- Dynamic and friendly working environment
- Working in a multinational company and an opportunity for inter-team exchange across our offices
- Budget for professional training or conferences
- Working with competent colleagues willing to share their knowledge and experience
- Daily lunch
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid time off
Compensation is competitive and will be based on experience and expertise.
Job Type: Full-time