Easy Aerial delivers custom hardware/software solutions to clients from a diverse variety of industries. Please visit our website, www.easyaerial.com, for more detailed information. Our team is made up of upbeat, passionate, and motivated people. If this describes you and you have the skills listed below, we want you to be a part of our fast-growing, well-established startup.
Easy Aerial is currently seeking an experienced technical writer to work on an exciting new aerospace project. This role will include writing user manuals, process documentation, and managing content for a Learning and Development team. The ideal candidate will use their copy-editing skills and proficiency with content management systems to properly review and maintain documentation.
- Supports the development, production, writing, internal and external reviews, submittals, releases, distribution, and control of company publication documents, such as General Maintenance Manual (GMM), Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), General Operations Manual (GOM), Administrative Manual (ADM), Pilot Operational Handbook (POH), flight procedures, User Guides, and other supporting engineering or operational documents.
- Advises engineering management in matters relating to compliance and U.S regulations.
- Works with EA technical support engineers, project engineers, program managers, and the sub-contract managers to ensure the availability of all necessary information that will be needed in the preparation of maintenance documents.
- Works with technical operations, maintenance, quality, and engineering Managers/Directors to implement changes to the released maintenance documents and general EA policy manuals.
- Helps customer support personnel to resolve documentation deficiencies that were noted during the usage of products.
- Facilitate the safety, quality, and engineering verification and validation of procedures and the engineer’s review of the technical accuracy of the information contained in the AMMs and other maintenance documentation as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by the Technical Publications Manager.
- Write for different audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Maintain project updates to identify new training needs.
- Quickly identify which previous documentation/training materials need to be updated based on new project developments.
- Identify where existing documentation will need to be updated based on new project developments.
- Documenting and building out content in online databases.
What You Bring:
- Experience creating technical content for aerospace and instructional design.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in engineering or related technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- High level of proficiency in matters relating to the preparation of the technical data, product support data, logistic data, and technical publications documents.
- Excellent knowledge of the aerospace industry standards and specifications.
Desired Skills And Experience:
- At least three years experience working in a Title 14, Part 121 or 135 air carrier or Original Equipment Manufacturer – Aerospace technical publications environment. Demonstrated working knowledge in a DOD environment a plus.
- Experience working in a regulated Technical Publications environment under Safety Management Systems or a Quality Management Systems
- Professional experience in aviation/aerospace business or management.
- Knowledge of and proven experience in ATA e-commerce iSpec 2300, Spec 2000, and/or S1000D.
- familiarity with common content management versioning practices for technical content. Excellent organization skills
- Experience writing gap analysis/developing evaluation reports.
- Meticulous copy-editing skills. Experience in copy editing for publications is a plus.
Our well-equipped dev facilities are located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard with ample indoor/outdoor test flight space. The office is open full time during COVID-19, with PPE and social distance precautions.
The Technical Writer will spend his/her time in the office and visiting other locations. Some travel outside the NY Metro area will be required.
- Daily lunch
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid time off
- Commuter benefit account
Compensation is competitive and will be based on experience and expertise.